Comment on page
Books and journals
vLex houses a comprehensive collection of legal books and journals, providing authoritative guidance for your research.
Filters in Browse depend on the collection of books available for your jurisdiction.
From Advanced search, select Books and journals as your content type. Then conduct your search as normal.
When you select Books and journals, you will see content-specific filters appear at the bottom of the page.
- Title: search for words that appear in the title. You can include Boolean operators in this field. For example, you may want to put the exact title between quotation marks to find one specific book or journal.
- Date: this is the publication date. This field will show three options:
- Since: select a date to only see books or journals that have been published after it.
- Range of dates: indicate two dates and get results published within that range.
- Exactly on: select a specific publishing date for the book or journal you are searching for.
- vLex Document ID: this is a number you can use to identify and share documents with other users. You can get this number from the share menu.
- Author: search for all work by a particular author.
- Source type: displays a list of types of publications to search across.
- Category: displays a list of areas of law. Click in the box to see a list of options.
- Source: search for content from one particular publication. Click in the box to see a list of options.
- Publisher: search for content from a particular publisher. Click in the box to see a list of options.
After selecting a book, vLex will take you to an overview page with general information about the publication on the left, and a Table of contents on the right. This page also has a search field at the top of the left side.
Similarly, when you select a journal, vLex will show you general information about the publication on the left, a list of articles from the latest issue in the central column, and a list of links to the previous issues on the right.
When you select an article in a journal or a chapter from a book, tabs will appear along the top of the page, which will differ depending on the content. The most common tabs are: